Utility Meter Surveyor - Supervisor
We are currently looking for expressions of interest from people who have experience from a number of different ‘field based’ roles and in particular those who have experience managing teams. You may have gained your experience working in door-to-door type roles (deliveries, sales) or through conducting surveys for telecommunication, utility or civil engineering companies.
Every day will be a little different depending on the phase of the project, the size of field teams and the delivery targets to be achieved but these are some of the things that will be keeping you busy day to day:
- Conducting simple building surveys to ascertain the location of utility meters (electricity & gas).
- Accurately recording all survey findings with handheld smart devices.
- Providing supervision, support (both technical and operational) to utility meter surveyors within a regional team of up to 25 utility meter surveyors
- Help to drive team performance to meet the number of buildings surveyed within required timeframes
- Acting as an important ‘go between’ between the office based project team and the field based operational team
- Taking a lead role in driving a best practice approach to health and safety and supporting the company’s strong H&S culture.
In order to be considered for this role you should:
- be professional & presentable
- have experience in door to door type roles, including deliveries or sales.
- be physically able to access various areas of buildings that may require going up/down stairs or entering confined spaces (e.g. bin stores)
- demonstrate a strong work ethic & be prepared to meet performance targets
- be confident in supervising a team of surveyors
- be flexible, adaptable and able to work as part of a broader project team
We are looking for people who are reliable and honest with an excellent command of spoken English to help us build a successful project team! You will be expected to provide your own transport, smart phone, and be available to work between 8am and 9pm most weekdays (Monday-Friday).
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved on a brand new project at the very beginning and full training will be provided. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
For more information or to register your interest please fill in our contact form – we look forward to hearing from you.