Utility Meter Surveyor
We are currently looking for expressions of interest from people who have experience from a number of different work backgrounds and particularly those who have experience taking utility meter readings. Having experience in reading meters isn’t a deal breaker for us, you may have gained your experience working in door-to-door type roles (deliveries, sales) or even driving taxis from door-to-door.
You will have the opportunity to work between 8am-9pm Monday to Friday at times that suit you, as long as you are able to meet the targets set for you in any given week.
This is what you can expect to be doing from day-to-day:
- Going to multiple buildings within your assigned region and making contact with residents to get information the location of utility meters (electricity & gas).
- Accurately recording all the information you get with handheld smart devices.
- Managing your workload to make sure you meet the daily targets given to you.
In order to be considered for this role you should:
- be professional & presentable
- have your own means of transport suitable for the role
- be physically able to access various areas of buildings that may require going up/down stairs or entering confined spaces (e.g. bin stores)
- be comfortable working in a door-to-door type role at all times of the year
- have strong people skills and the confidence to approach strangers
- demonstrate a strong work ethic & be prepared to meet performance targets
- be flexible, adaptable and able to work as part of a broader project team
We are looking for people who are reliable and honest with an excellent command of spoken English to help us build a successful project team! You will be expected to provide your own transport, smart phone, and be available to work between 8am and 8pm most weekdays (Monday-Friday).
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved on a brand new project at the very beginning and full training will be provided. We have a duty to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for disclosure on successful candidates.
For more information or to register your interest please fill in our contact form – we look forward to hearing from you.