With operations that span the United Kingdom, Daly International UK is a dynamic infrastructure delivery and management consultancy servicing the biggest names in the UK telecommunications industry.
Having been a major player in the UK telecoms industry since 1997, we employ more than 100 people to provide engineering, design, property, town planning, construction and project management services. We pride ourselves on the experience we have obtained throughout the years working on major telecommunications infrastructure projects for most of the industry's biggest names.
We have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor in our Altrincham office who will be responsible for:-
- Preparing tenders, tender evaluation and producing tender recommendations in accordance with the NJCC codes of tendering
- Compiling data reports on cost and key performance indicators
- Measurement from drawings or on site, cost evaluation and reporting where appropriate
- Issuing of variation instructions, compensation events and change requests and negotiation of valuations and final accounts
- Compilation of Schedule of Rates or Bills of Quantities in preparation of budget costing
- Contract administration, management and advice
- Liaising with work colleagues, clients, contractors and suppliers
The successful candidate will:-
- Be keen to learn, a confident communicator with a flexible, positive, can do attitude who enjoys working as part of the team
- Be degree qualified in Building/Quantity Surveying
- Have knowledge of procurement packages such as SAP, Oracle, JDE etc
- Ideally will have knowledge of NEC form of contract; in particular Short Contract, Sub-Contract and Option A – Priced with contract Activity Schedule
- Have knowledge of Construction practices and techniques
- Have knowledge of tendering - NJCC codes and procedures of tendering
- Have knowledge of Rules, regulations, laws and bi-laws both English and EEC; applicable to the Construction industry
- Be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions (please note - we do not offer any sponsorship support)
This is role will suit an ambitious, driven individual who is looking to develop their career within a supportive, friendly and professional environment.
If you feel you are ready for your next challenge with an organisation that values its people as its key asset, then please apply by clicking the Apply now button below. Or alternatively, contact Tara McClair on 0118 321 1607 for a full job description.
Please note that we can only accept candidates that can work in and resides in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year