With operations that span the United Kingdom, Daly International is a dynamic infrastructure delivery and management consultancy servicing the biggest names in the UK telecommunications industry.
Having been a major player in the UK telecoms industry since 1997, we employ more than 120 people to provide engineering, design, property, town planning, construction and project management services. We pride ourselves on the experience we have obtained throughout the years working on major telecommunications infrastructure projects for most of the industry's biggest names.
We are looking for expressions of interest from Project Engineers to join our team working out of our Glasgow (Bellshill), Reading (Theale) or Manchester (Altrincham) offices.
Project Engineers are responsible for a range of activities that move a ‘site’ or project through multiple events resulting in a final build completion. Our Project Engineers work closely with multiple internal stakeholders such as acquisition surveyors, planners, designers (engineers & CAD technicians) and quantity surveyors. A major part of a Project Engineer’s role is establishing effective working relationships with our clients and suppliers.
This really is a dynamic role where you will be handling multiple ‘moving parts’ along the project pipeline. Every day will be a little different, but here are the things that will keep you busy from day to day:
- Coordinate works across, from instruction to completion, across a portfolio of sites, managing multiple sub-contractors to ensure works are complete on time and on budget
- Attend site to conduct various activities including multi-skilled visits & supervision of high-risk work activities during construction phases.
- Attend meetings (both internal & external) & provide real-time information on the status of sites within your portfolio
- Prepare & issue various reports and documents relating H&S, project finances and project status
Ideally the successful candidate will have had experience gained from a telecoms role. Here are some other things that will help make you a strong candidate:
- Have a sound understanding of telecoms site build processes, site types, equipment and technologies.
- Be commercially aware and have experience of managing external contractors
- Have a proven track record in delivering projects to time, cost and quality requirements
- Be dynamic, flexible & a team player with the ability to work under pressure
A lot of people have said we are good to work for, in part because we support our people and try to make work a friendly, fun place to be but also because we offer our team competitive salaries along with a range of other attractive benefits. You can find out more about working for us on our Careers page.
If you think you have the right skills, experience & are the type of person we are looking for or you would like a full job description then we would love to hear from you. Use the contact form on our website to get in touch and express your interest.