Planning Consultants (Town Planners)
With operations that span the United Kingdom, Daly International is a dynamic infrastructure delivery and management consultancy servicing the biggest names in the UK telecommunications industry.
Having been a major player in the UK telecoms industry since 1997, we employ more than 120 people to provide engineering, design, property, town planning, construction and project management services. We pride ourselves on the experience we have obtained throughout the years working on major telecommunications infrastructure projects for most of the industry's biggest names.
We are looking for expressions of interest from Planning Consultants/Town Planners to join our team working out of our Glasgow (Bellshill), Reading (Theale) or Manchester (Altrincham) offices.
Planners are responsible for obtaining the correct planning consents to enable the construction of new or upgraded telecoms sites. Our planners work with other planning and surveying colleagues, as well as client stakeholders to establish suitable sites for mobile phone base station installations. They will engage with Local Planning Authorities, elected representative and other stakeholders and will use their professional knowledge in recommending the best way forward in planning terms.
Every day will be a little different, but here are the things that will keep you busy from day to day:
- Appraising potential locations for new base stations and upgrades to existing sites;
- Liaising with colleagues, clients and external bodies in making assessments on the planning suitability of potential sites;
- Undertaking pre-application consultation in accordance with best practice;
- Making planning submissions and following them through the system;
- Discharging planning conditions;
- Making appeal recommendations and submitting appeals if necessary.
Ideally the successful candidate will have had experience gained from a telecoms planning role but this isn’t essential. Here are some other things that will help make you a strong candidate:
- Have a planning related degree & be a member of the RTPI
- Have a working knowledge of Town and Country Planning Legislation;
- Have the ability to prepare reports and other written submissions in a concise, though comprehensive manner;
- Have a full driving licence and flexibility terms of working hours, travelling and overnight stays;
- Be keen to learn, a confident communicator with a flexible, positive, ‘can do’ attitude who enjoys working as part of the team, managing multiple projects from start to finish;
A lot of people have said we are good to work for, in part because we support our people and try to make work a friendly, fun place to be but also because we offer our team competitive salaries along with a range of other attractive benefits. You can find out more about working for us on our Careers page.
If you think you have the right skills, experience & are the type of person we are looking for or you would like a full job description then we would love to hear from you. Use the contact form on our website to get in touch and express your interest.