With operations that span the United Kingdom, Daly International UK is a dynamic infrastructure delivery and management consultancy servicing the biggest names in the UK telecommunications industry.
Having been a major player in the UK telecoms industry since 1997, we employ more than 120 people to provide engineering, design, property, town planning, construction and project management services. We pride ourselves on the experience we have obtained throughout the years working on major telecommunications infrastructure projects for most of the industry's biggest names.
We are looking for expressions of interest from Design Engineers to join our team working out of our Glasgow (Bellshill), Reading (Theale) or Manchester (Altrincham) offices.
Design Engineers are responsible for delivering different designs for telecommunications sites. Working across multiple projects the Design Engineer works closely with the site’s Project Engineer to produce site-specific designs placing emphasis on quality design outputs & compliance with internal and clients’ quality standards.
Every day will be a little different, but here are the things that will keep you busy from day to day:
- To undertake &/or review site surveys & produce reports which detail workable, value engineered solutions
- Produce designs (including GA & DD) to quality standards, statutory & client specifications
- Develop strong working relationships with internal & external stakeholders ensuring that milestones are met within agreed time frames
- Performing power & cooling calculations
- Completing Design Risk Assessments for each of your designs
- Monitoring and checking drawing content of Internal and External CAD Technicians and Third Party Contractors.
- Act as an ‘escalation point’ for project engineers who require design assistance
- Attend multi skilled visits (MSV) providing practical & relevant design advice to meet site & client specification
Ideally the successful candidate will have had experience gained from a telecoms design role. Here are some other things that will help make you a strong candidate:
- Have a good understanding of telecoms site design, including current technologies & 5G configurations
- Have working knowledge of operator design guides & specifications
- Have good knowledge of telecommunication base stations and reviewing different types of design drawings
- Have experience of rooftop safety regulations, ICNIRP and design requirements, a working knowledge of Construction, H&S laws, CDM Regulations and British Standards
- Ability to use CAD would be a big advantage
- Be dynamic, flexible & a team player with the ability to work under pressure
A lot of people have said we are good to work for, in part because we support our people and try to make work a friendly, fun place to be but also because we offer our team competitive salaries along with a range of other attractive benefits. You can find out more about working for us on our Careers page.
If you think you have the right skills, experience & are the type of person we are looking for or you would like a full job description then we would love to hear from you. Use the contact form on our website to get in touch and express your interest.